Thursday, May 10, 2007
As usual, I am juggling projects and finally finished a couple of pieces that I've been thinking about for a long time. My stash of interesting fabric and clothing has been calling to me and I got down to work last week in time for the Virginia Craft-n-istas show in Arlington. Here's a photo of my display and some new pieces made from old clothes.
The first piece is a blue satin shoulder shrug made from a pair of child's silk trousers. The second is a halter and bubble skirt made from a floor length skirt (not that you would want to wear them together, they are just shown together !). And the third is a purse made from another floor length skirt.
And now the "tagging" issue. I've been putting it off, and will now list 7 things about me, but I feel wary to "tag" anyone else, so forgive me if I'm not playing the game right.
1. I have studied violin-making.
2. I sang in a Bulgarian women's chorus
3. When I was a kid, I ate peanut butter and mayo sandwiches...m..m..good !
4. I love my new "cybergreen" VW Beetle.
5. I like Moomins.
6. And parrots.
7. In high school I once dressed up as a man with a plastic skull head and scared tons of people at the mall.
I hope that's interesting enough for now.