Monday, October 01, 2007

More Paraguayan Lace

On Sunday I went to the Hispanic Heritage Festival in the Mount Pleasant area of DC. Our band Batala Washington performed in the parade. It was one of the best festivals I've attended and I enjoyed seeing the magnificent costumes of dancers from many Latin American countries. There were vendors selling handmade goods from Peru, Ecuador, Chile, Columbia and many others. I found these adorable lace earrings made in Paraguay. Some of the costumed performers wore dresses that were completely or partially made with this type of lace. I also enjoyed seeing costumes made of woven textiles from Mexico and Guatemala. One of these days, hopefully, I'll make a "pilgimage" to the weaving centers of Central and South America.

1 comment:

Hyla said...

Those are beautiful!
Please check out my blog!
http://myfairybabies.blogspot.com/
Hyla