Sunday, October 04, 2009

Crafty Bastards Craft Show

Yes, that's the name of the show, and it is a very cool show. The name comes from the back page of the Washington City Paper where "crafty bastards" can advertise their wares. Several years ago, the paper started a craft show where the advertisers could sell their stuff to the public. I first became interested when I read about a crafter who made dolls out of tampons. I thought, "what kind of a craft show is this ?" and knew I had to check it out. There are alot of Etsy sellers there and everything (I mean Everything...except for the doggie product vendor's stuff...argghh....is handmade). I bought some herbal soaps from http://biggsandfeather.com .

One of the big reasons I love to go is that they always have the "B-Boy Battle" (breakdancing competition) going on at the same time. The crowd is huge, the competition fierce but friendly and the "dancing" is mesmerizing !

No comments: